Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dividend Income Page Update

I just added a new spreadsheet to my Dividend Income page Here

Here is a screen shot of the spreadsheet. 



My main reason for creating this spreadsheet is because I want to know as soon as possible when a company increase or decrease its dividends.

On the second column "Start Jan. 2014 Div" I manually input the current dividend per shares for each company that I hold. On the third column "Current Div Per Share" the information in this column are automatically inputted from Google Finance. This column will change as soon as Google Fiance changes a company dividends which in my experiences has been right away. The Fourth column will tell me the percentage change either up or down.

This spreadsheet will help me tremendously because I look at my blog almost everyday. Therefore, if I see a company with a negative percentage in the fourth column, I will right away look to confirm it and sell the entire holding of that company once I confirm it did cut/decrease its dividends.


What do you guys think? Like the idea?




11 comments:

  1. I like it FF, good work. I'm curious if you did the spreadsheet in Google Docs or if you coded something to "crawl" Google Finance for the numbers. I'm working on a little project, and am trying to do the same. Thank you and have a great day
    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a spreadsheet on Google Docs. Here is the code on the third column.

      =(REGEXextract(REGEXreplace(index (importhtml("https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE%3A" &A2, "table", 2), 1, 2); "[()]"; "") ; "([^/]*)/"))*1


      The "A2" before the word "table" is where the cell of the ticker goes.

      Delete
    2. Great stuff! I've been manually updating my Google Docs for Current Dividend. I will have to "borrow" this.

      Thanks :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks a lot Financial Freedom. I am horrible at coding, so I too will borrow this.
      -Bryan

      Delete
    4. you're welcome. :) but I did not write that. I found it online somewhere.

      Delete
    5. Hey FFD, great spreadsheet and thanks for sharing the formula. I was crawling Yahoo finance for this but your formula is a lot simpler! I just stole it!

      Delete
  2. This is a good idea. I was actually working on something similar in google docs. Maybe even giving editing rights to a few people to keep it updated. There's so many companies to track and it's very time consuming so I haven't worked on it in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AAI, Since this will be my first full year of dividend investing, I wanted a good way to track which company increases and decreases. Hopes this helps with your spreadsheet.

      Delete
  3. Great idea!
    Looks very good!
    I think that is clear and simple.
    I´ll try this also at my Excel-Dividend-Sheet.

    regards
    D-S

    ReplyDelete